Friday, February 10, 2006

Penn State football news

Just a couple of quick things:

1. Penn State - Notre Lame game time set for 3:30 EST on September 9th. Let's go beat the leprechauns!

2. Vidal Hazelton is NOT signed to any school yet. Seems like Penn State is preferred by his parents, and I quote: "I'd prefer it was Penn State," Dexter Hazelton told The Philadelphia Inquirer Saturday "I feel more comfortable with the coaches because they're concerned about being a family to Vidal." And USC coach Pete Carroll isn't?
"I don't need to be getting calls from Coach Carroll telling me that he's worried about his rankings," Dexter Hazleton said. "I don't care about your rankings. I care about what's best for Vidal." A decision could come as early as this weekend.

3. Penn State adds a kicker/punter to the class of 2006. Collin Wanger of State College high school becomes the latest member of the class. He averaged 39 yards per punt and converted 7 of 11 field goals in his Senior season.

Have a great weekend and let's hope the Lions can pick up one of three needed wins to make the NIT on Saturday against Wisconsin.

No comments: